Sunday, April 8, 2012

84 Backers - A Kickstarter Tale (Part 1)

84 Backers - A Kickstarter Tale

Hi! @AvaAssistant here...

So,
We got our project funded! 
Thanks, love, peace, respect, adoration, and appreciation  
for the 84 BACKERS  that stepped up and helped... 
Dang! (smile - humbled!)...

~~ * ~~

So (again!), back to Kickstarter Fundraising…
How do you get to an online fundraiser?
What does it take?
Is there anything I should know about the process? 
and does "Rogaine for Women, 
really Grow back the patch of hair, 
you have been pulling out since the campaign started?"

~~ * ~~

Let me add this, I have no expertise in Fundraising, or online campaigns like this - this is my first (smile), online fundraiser, and what I have learned and believe, I am sharing...

Cool, let's go! (smile)

Okay, okay, okay - 
one more thing… 
the little blog that I started out with, 
got really large! – 
So, I am breaking it up into 3 parts…

Part 1 – The Decision to do a Fundraiser, 
and then The Story about your Project 
Part 2 – Premiums, and then the Twitter-Verse
Part 3 - The Referendum Movement! – 1 dollar, 1 vote!

~~ * ~~

First, The decision to do a fundraiser! 
How do you pick which site to go with? 

You know we picked Kickstarter, 
with the risk that 
"if our project was not 100% funded, by the end, 
all of the pledges would be returned"
 - RISK!

There are other sites out there, 
like, Indie-go-go... 
similar to Kickstarter, 
with the exception that what you raise in pledges, 
is what you receive, 
at the end of the campaign 
- regardless of your goal... 
- Less RISK!

There are other sites that also will aid in the fundraising process; Kickstarter and Indie-go-go are the best known to me, 
So that gives me some 
"internet security" 
That I can click the link, 
That I can enter my card information, 
And can still sleep at night! –

If the fundraiser site is 
"Ava Fund Raises for Friends" 
- you really don't have much hope 
that I will go to a site that I don't know. 
Or visit a site that has a "scam-y" 
sounds name like the example above. 
PLUS - 
I would never transact money
 from my account with a site, I did not know.

I need to trust the site I am dealing with...
Just me! - But I am sure I am not alone! 

~~ * ~~

 - When it comes to fundraising there are only two real RISK!,

1) Not getting the funding you need to get your project going 
2) And YOU!  Not being the first backer of your project! 

Number 1 is easy, we all understand that one. 

But, If you don't back you own project, why should anyone else. This is not in the sense of pledges, it’s in the commitment to the fundraising project and the efforts you expend in getting your project funded. I mean, if you are not going to go all out, all of the way - outside of what it is that you are comfortable and familiar with... 
(smile) 

~~ * ~~

The Story about Your Project:

Okay, you have the story of your project...
It was started in a Garage, 
First filmed on a Kodak Super 8, 
You have an amazing, compelling story... 
GREAT! (smile)

For us, “Fumbling Thru The Pieces”, 

We were seeking funding for our Season 2... We are known a bit in the Twitter-Verse, for our Season 1, which has been out for a year or so... We don't have to explain why we are doing this or how we are going to be able to get this done. We have done it before and it is reasonable to think we could and will do it again. - But WE DID!… We went through our story synopsis, and put up our Promo Video, as our credentials…  
It just helps!...

I am not saying put up your resume, 
but who is doing this project? 
If it’s  important, why can I depend on you to get this done? 
and what skills are you bringing with you?...

Almost all of the campaigns I have looked at have a Teaser or Promo clip - that illustrates what concepts or abilities are present... and that works, but a little about yourself would work also...

In your “ABOUT YOUR PROJECT:”, move me to Donate to your project, give me confidence that your project will be realized, and tell me when I can expect it!

~~ * ~~

Good, good, good!
Part 2 – Premiums, and then the Twitter-Verse
Will be up soon!!!! (smile)

@AvaAssistant (it’s the way of the world!, babe!)

No comments:

Post a Comment